Despite what Hollywood would have you believe, shooting a handgun with precision requires balance, technique, and practice. Even if you’re an experienced shooter of long guns, shooting a handgun accurately requires a different set of skills.
Here at Wattlespring, we cater for novice shooters to top level sport shooters. Practicing with your firearm that you use for self defense is also extremely important – use it as an opportunity to introduce the whole family to firearms. After the adrenaline rush, sit down for a delicious lunch at our local family friendly restaurant, Toro Loco.
READY, AIM, FIRE
We currently have:
- 13 handgun ranges
- 2 permanently set up IPSC stages with steel pop ups and targets – 18 to 32 rounds per stage
- Firearms can be used on the range without supervision provided that the shooter has the minimum of a proficiency certificate.
- To use the Air Rifle range, the cost is R100 per person per hour.
- To use the Handgun range, the cost is R100 per person
- Act responsibly and with respect at all times.
- Always keep firearms pointed down range in a safe direction.
- Always keep your finger off the trigger and outside the trigger guard until you are ready to fire.
- Firearms may only be uncased or removed from the holster at the firing line. Load and unload all firearms at the bench in the shooting booth.
- Please notify a Range Safety Officer immediately if you observe any unsafe behaviour or conditions.
- It is your responsibility to know and understand how to operate your firearm safely. You must ensure that your firearm is in good working order before entering the range.
- If you are unable to demonstrate safe firearm operation on the range, you may be asked to leave.
- Eye and Ear protection is mandatory for anyone entering the range.
- Always keep the firearm action open, magazines removed and only load when ready to commence firing
become a member
Enjoy access to exclusive benefits, offers & events
Members of our Wattlespring Sports Shooting Club enjoy access to exclusive benefits, offers, and events. Some of these benefits include:
- Discounted shooting
- Specific competition shoots with discounted entry fees for members
- The opportunity to win the Accumulator (members only)
- Access to train your gun dog with a designated restaurant area for you and your dog